Sunday, May 25, 2014

I'm back...

I can't believe that 3 months have flown by. I also can't believe that I haven't made a post since I went back to work. These past 3 months have definitely been tough, going back to work, Easton starting daycare, my husband starting a new job; it has been a fully packed life and filled with chaos. I promised myself that I would focus more on my blog in the beginning of the year, as I stated here back in January. I am trying to stick to it and fit my blog back into this crazy schedule. So let me get you back up to speed with my life....

Easton is SIX months old! SIX! I cannot believe how fast it went! I just remember bringing him home from the hospital that first night and how scared I was. Now, we have our routine, and I just love how he is growing and doing something new everyday. I promise to post about the past couple of months and all of his favorites that have made the these past months easier. We also celebrated his first St. Patty's Day and first Easter and celebrating many other first's this year!
Easton started daycare. I was terrified of this and didn't want him starting so early just because he is so little and my baby boy. I didn't want anyone else taking care of my boy but me. However, the reality is that my husband and I both need to work right now and daycare was our only option since our families are both on the East coast. The only cons so far have been that he has been sick on and off ever since he started daycare. He finally is feeling better, so crossing fingers that he is past getting sick for now.

Working full time and then taking care of baby from the moment I walk in the door until he goes to bed has been a hard adjustment. I give all mommies who work in the fashion industry A LOT of credit because it is anything but easy. Some days have being stressed out all day at work it's hard to put on my happy face for Easton, but somehow his smile just makes everything so much better. Life has been pretty hectic and I think I'm still getting back in the flow of work (didn't think that being away for 3 months would make such a difference).
I'm pretty excited about starting to blog again! I will be having reoccurring posts that will happen weekly and some just monthly. I am really going to try my best to stick to this goal between going to work, taking care of Easton, and running the household. (No one ever said being a mom is easy)
I can't wait to start sharing my life again with all of you! Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allie -- looking forward to reading all about your adventures in MommyLand!! You are doing a great job combining so much. I don't think I could have done all you are doing when I was your age with my first baby boy. :) Easton is soooooo adorable and his great Auntie Sheila CANNOT wait to hold him. All my love and many blessings for Eric, you and baby and Tank. Praying that his boo boo heals all better soon. Love you guys! xxoo
    Sheila at Longings End

    ReplyDelete