Sunday, January 5, 2014

Making 2014 Count



With every New Year, most people try to set goals for themselves to make their lives better in some way or improve their being. If those people are like me, we may give up on that resolution by February. (guilty of this many times) However, this year (being a new mom and all) I am going to not set the bar so high and achieve what I can. Take a step back, relax, and enjoy what is in store for me this year. I want to make 2014 count!

My resolutions for 2014 are simple. First and foremost, to be a great parent to my first child. Easton has changed my life in such a short amount of time, it actually blows my mind. I keep thinking that I need to be doing something productive with my time when I am not changing diapers, feeding, or trying to stay calm when he won't stop crying. I am learning to take it easy. I am always going 95 mph with everything I do, I just want to enjoy this time with my son. He is adjusting to living in this big world and I am adjusting to him not being in my tummy anymore. Second, I want to focus on my blog. Now that I have some extra time with not working, I want to really sit down and think about the direction I want to take this blog and hopefully along the way gain more faithful followers. I originally started this blog as a way for me to document my pregnancy, now I want to see what this blog could shape and mold into. Lastly, I want to focus on my health and body. I haven't really being focusing on myself since the baby came home. But once we are all more comfortable, I really want to start diving into losing the body weight and get myself into shape. It's not for vanity but to be the healthiest person I can be for my son.

I am going to create in 2014; create memories with my son and husband, create a successful future in my career, and create ways to make my life simple, as easy as it can be now that I have the craziness of taking care of a child.

I want to enjoy this next year as much as I can, to stop and take it all in, and to enjoy my life and my family. Here's to a great 2014!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats,he's gorgeous! As a momma to 5 boys, I can tell you there's nothing sweeter than the way a boy loves his momma. {stopping by via Casey's Wiegard hop} xoxoAngela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow, 5 boys! And yes it is the best!!! xo

      Delete
  2. He is such an adorable baby and each photo is cuter than the next! Our One Word for 2014 at Longings End is INTENTIONAL...kinda like what you are talking about here. All the best for growing your blog. Let me know if you have any questions. Love you, my niece. xxoo
    Aunt Sheila at Longings End

    ReplyDelete