Sunday, January 26, 2014

One Month & Two Month Updates

I cannot believe how quickly two months went by! We are all still adjusting and learning. I am in awe of how fast he is growing and the new things he does everyday. Sometimes I just want the moments, days, weeks, months to go by just a little slower. I am just loving every moment with this little guy, I can't get enough!! Here are some "milestones" from the past two months. I will also be doing a separate post soon on our favorite products that have helped us through these past two months.

 The first month was all about us getting to know each other. There were a lot of sleepless nights for sure. I was breast feeding in the beginning but stopped because I wasn't eating enough to supply him with enough food. Also, since he was a month early we were also having to give him formula to make sure he was getting fed. It was tough but I want to start up again soon while I still am able to pump. Every day was special. He was here just in time for the Holidays. You never really know how much work having a newborn is until you are actually taking care of your child 24/7. It has been such an adventure and I cannot wait for all the "firsts" Easton is going to have. He had his first laugh at two weeks! I know he didn't know he was doing it, but it was amazing! He also had very good head support from day one, I was very surprised how long he was able to hold his head on his own. We had our moments when we had no sleep, baby wouldn't stop crying, and we just didn't know what to do- and we got through it. I am ready for anything.
Easton's little personality is starting to show. His eyes show so much curiosity and wonder. He knows my voice and is so excited when he hears me talk to him. I also can't believe how quickly he got chubby! He just grew overnight it seemed like. My baby is already growing! I'm not ready for this. They really do grow up fast. This past month has been a little rough. His colic has been getting worse. He has tummy problems- we have had to change formulas twice and we are also trying to change bottle brands to see if we can help him not be as bloated, uncomfortable, and gassy. I will hopefully do a post soon on what helps us through this and what doesn't. He can hold his head up for a lot longer and actually can push up some of his chest as well. I had him on his tummy time mat one afternoon, and he was really fussy and pushed himself up so hard he rolled over, I of course freaked out that I didn't catch it on camera. He did do it one other time that I was able to get on camera. I didn't think He would be able to roll over so soon. He is starting to make more noises than just crying. He seems to be finding his voice. It's adorable when random little noises come out of his mouth, it makes me smile. I am excited to see what is in store for month three, and to be able to share my love of my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment