Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Easton's Christmas List

All though Easton is only going to be a month old by time Christmas rolls around (two weeks to be exact), we still wanted him to have presents to open under the tree for his first Christmas. It's hard to shop for a newborn when you want to buy toys when you know he will have no use for them right now. Who cares!? I still want to create these memories for him. So I thought of things that we still wanted to get him that we didn't receive as gifts from our registry.

1. Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether, even though baby won't be teething for a couple months, I still think that this teether is a great value. It helps baby's senses and gives stimulation as a toy but also helps with soothing baby's gums while teething. I have searched around and read reviews and I've only heard good things about it. 
2. Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies & Lights Deluxe Gym, I cannot wait until I can get little man on this play mat and get his mind going. This gym mat is great for tummy time and for him to get all of his senses active, learning from all the toys and sounds. He is a very alert baby to begin with and I think that every baby should start having play time as early as you can. I do already have a "tummy time" play mat but I think this gym makes your baby more stimulated and active.
3. Fisher-Price Nemo's Soothing Seas Soother, I've noticed that since I don't have a mobile or music for the baby to go to bed at night, it seems hard to get him to stay asleep. I know that he is only two weeks old, however I want to start getting him on a sleep schedule as soon as I can. I've noticed from the swing we have for him that the "ocean" sounds sooth him, and I love Finding Nemo, so of course I found this music soother that would be perfect for bedtime.
4. The World of Eric Carle Activity Caterpillar Toy, We received some play toys at my baby shower but I want him to have a range of toys both educational and plush. This toy is both for a young baby, again another toy for mind stimulation.
5. Lambs & Ivy Bow Wow Mobile, Our little man's crib would not be complete without a sports mobile. I've noticed as the days go by that he loves looking around especially while laying down before it's time to sleep. I know that newborns can't see that far away yet, I think it's only 8-12 inches that he can see right now as his eyes develop, so I want to give him as much eye stimulation as possible to aid in his development.
6. LeapFrog My Puppy Pal, This plush toy is probably not going to be used until he is 5-6 months old, but I think it can be a great investment toy wise. He will be able to interact with this toy on a personal level. You can plug in this toy to the computer to customize it to know your baby's name and favorite things. You can teach your child first words, about numbers, as well as play music and sounds the baby likes.

We of course will probably also get him some stocking stuffers and adorable clothes (I can't stop surfing the web for deals) but these are some of the "big" gifts that we would like to get for him. I am of course a last minute shopper (or should I say Santa is a last minute shopper..hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment