Sunday, October 13, 2013

My Baby Shower

It is always a great feeling to be able to go back home to New York and seeing my family. It is just crazy to me that only a year ago we were home for our wedding and exactly a year and a weekend later I was home to celebrate my first child at my baby shower. I think I was more overwhelmed about all the gifts I knew I was about to open and have to return since it would have costed a small fortune to ship than I was about the fact that I wanted to make sure my mom set up everything the way I wanted. (yes, I'm a control freak) Even though we were all stressed out the night before everything turned out amazing!

If you didn't guess it we had a "Little Prince" theme for the party. We thought it was appropriate for my child since I was always treated as a princess. (Now I am the queen of course) Everyone loved the cute table settings and have the little popcorn containers for them to take home all the great goodies on the dessert table. I absolutely LOVED the cake, it came out perfectly (besides the fact that the bakery "lost" our cake for a half hour). It looked amazing and the favor was out of this world. I also think I haven't had cake in so long that it tasted even better. I loved have the small gathering of my family and friends to celebrate. I could not have asked for more. I am so thankful for the party my mom threw for me (everything was a DIY project that she found on Pinterest) and all the help my dad did that day. It was the best day.
I was especially proud of our homemade blue velvet cupcakes with home made cream cheese frosting made by yours truly. They were sooo good but made your mouth turn blue. haha, I think my mom might have put a little too much food dye in the mixture.
However, these cupcakes, the chocolate covered pretzels, and the rock candy were definitely a hit.
My sister passed a diaper out to every guest and they all wrote special messages to me and my husband for those late night diaper changes. I can't wait to laugh my ass off when I'm losing my mind with no sleep trying to change a dirty diaper.
The diaper cake that my mom made was adorable. I of course loved the Sponge Bob baby bottle. I can still be such a child at heart. I will also do a registry and favorite gifts post soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so cute. Kudos to whoever did the planning.
    http://jtrader.hubpages.com/hub/California-Baby-and-Other-Moisture-Barrier-Ointments-for-Incontinence-and-Irritant-Diaper-Dermatitis-Treatment

    ReplyDelete