Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Mom, Me, Grandma, Sister

I wouldn't be where I am today without all the women in my life. My mother has given me so much during my life to help me become the person that I am. Between the ballet classes to karate classes to traveling for my ice skating competitions to moving me across the country to planning my wedding; she has done it all for me. Since I am the oldest of three, I sometimes expected more from my mother (I acted like an only child to get my way, what a brat) but in the end I knew she always had all of our best interests at heart.

This Mother's Day is probably the most meaningful to me to date. It is my first Mother's Day as a mommy-to-be and I couldn't be happier. As scared as I am for this next phase in my life, I know that I have my mother along for the ride with me. She has helped me get through every milestone in my life so far and I hope that even with 3,000 miles between us, she can help me get through this as well.


I think that receiving a Mother's Day gift from your own mother is something symbolic, like passing the torch. I do admit, I was a little teary eyed when I opened up this gift I received in the mail from my mom. It showed me that no matter what has happened, my mother will always be there for me and I couldn't be anymore grateful for that.

I know that I have many months to go before I get to hold my child for the first time, however I know that I still have my mom to get me ready and prepared for what is to come as being a mother myself.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, the men that have to be mom and dad, and to all the mommies-to-be.

No comments:

Post a Comment