Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day

Memorial Day isn't just about the kick-off to summer or just an excuse for a day off and BBQ's. It is a day to remember all those who have died while serving to protect our freedom. And I feel that many of us forget what this day is really all about.

Having been a wife with her husband away at war (my husband served 3 tours and is a Marine Vet - OHH RAH!) , I know the feeling of asking yourself repeatedly everyday, "Is he OK?" And I am one of many lucky wives who was able to greet her husband when he got off that bus. But since our country has been around, not all military men and women have been so lucky to come home. They fought and died protecting OUR freedom and every day I am thankful to those here and the ones that never made it home.

This weekend while we are all out starting off the summer with BBQ's and with our loved ones, remember the real reason why we celebrate this day. xo

The night my husband came home from Afghanistan 

No comments:

Post a Comment