Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Crave or Save: Maternity Jeans



I have not been able to fit into my jeans since about week 8 of this pregnancy. I love low rise cut, but recently have been wearing a higher rise (the reason why I can't wear any). The last pair I was able to wear (but unbuttoned) were my Rock & Republic jeans (which they don't even make anymore!) They have a lower priced line at Kohl's now, however the fit isn't the same. (similar here)

I haven't actually went out to buy a pair yet, (I was waiting until I started to get more of a bump) but I have been exploring my options. I am a designer jean customer thanks to working at Bloomingdales, and I don't like the fit of any other jean. These Citizens of Humanity maternity jeans are in one of their classic boot cut fits. I absolutely love the way their boot cut look on me and they way they fit, so I have the same expectations for the maternity version. They are a bit pricey for a pair of jeans that I would only be wearing a few months, but I know the quality is there.

If you don't think that buying designer jeans is something that is reasonable to do during your pregnancy, there are plenty of opinions out there. I found these full panel jeans from Gap, that have a similar style to the Citizens pair. Although, the fit is going to be different (I haven't tried on Gap jeans in years, so I'm not sure of the fit) but I think this pair is a perfect alternative, and it doesn't break the bank.


Happy shopping! xo

1 comment:

  1. get a belly band and wear your non maternity jeans for as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete