Friday, June 21, 2013

Mommy Summer Essentials


Happy first day of Summer! Now that summer is officially here (and so is the heat), I have been making a running list of all the things I am going to need in my home and beach bag this summer. This summer is definitely all about keeping hydrated and protecting myself from the sun. I know these are things that I should always be doing every summer, but now that I am pregnant, I must keep much better care of myself especially when out in the sun this summer. My skin is not the easiest to tan, it takes me about all summer if I religiously go outside everyday for a few hours, and I never wore sunscreen with an SPF over 15. But I have accepted the fact that I have fair skin and will make sure I am careful in the sun. I found this great tinted moisturizer from Nars that has SPF AND makes it look like I have bronzer on. But to give myself more of a glow, I do apply a light layer of bronzer.

I also need to make sure I moisturize my stomach! For the past two days my skin on my stomach has become so itchy, which means my skin is starting to stretch! ahhh! The bump is under way. I was looking around and found some organic brand that I wanted to try. I did plan on turning my diet and my baby's diet to organic. (Yes, living in California for 4 years has finally rubbed off on me) So I figured why not try other organic products besides food. I will try anything and everything to make sure I do not get stretch marks from my growing tummy.

And I cannot forget to make sure my toes are nice and bright with this Summer's colors because I will be wearing flip flops all summer since they are the only shoes that are comfortable right now. I think I'm going to try "Sunday Funday" by Essie first!

I cannot wait to start making plans for this summer especially since it's the last one my husband and I will have before we become parents. ekk!

No comments:

Post a Comment