Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!!



I know that I don't talk to my dad that much since I moved to California. But when we do get the chance to talk to each other, we just pick up where we left off. I know our relationship isn't as close as it used to be, but living on different coasts/time zones doesn't help. I remember when I was little I definitely was a daddy's girl. I think it is so precious how a little girl looks up to her father so much and that he is the first man any little girl truly loves.


The second love of my life as a little girl was my Grandfather William or as I used to call him "Poka" because I couldn't pronounce Grandpa and I guess it just suck because that is what all the grandkids called him. Him and and Grandma were divorced, but he always came over everyday to help around the house and to visit with us kids. I remember going out the garage where he was working and playing country music on the radio, and all I wanted to do was help out. My Poka died August 31,2001, and I still miss him everyday.


The third love was my Grandfather James, he is the reason why I am obsessed with mashed potatoes (he made the BEST and he would just make a pot and I would sit there and eat the whole thing) and football. On Sundays, when we would go to visit Grandma and Grandpa, he would be sitting on the couch watching the Sunday games and he would NOT let us change the channel. Being young I didn't understand why he was so serious about that, but after he forced me to sit and watch and learn the game with him, I totally get why the channel was not allowed to be changed. He died February 7,2012, I was very lucky for him to be able to meet my husband when we visited him in the hospital when we were in NY doing wedding planning (our wedding was Sept. 2012). It meant the world to me that they were able to meet.

I cannot wait until Eric gets to hold our child for the first time, and I cannot wait until my father gets to hold his first grandchild for the first time. It takes days like father's day to realize how important a father, or grandfather really are in a child's life. And I cannot wait for my child to make memories with his/her father and grandfathers.

Happy Father's Day!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment