Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!







Today celebrates the birth of our country, the land of the free and the home of the brave. When we are out at BBQ's, pool parties, etc., let's not forget about the men and women who have fought and those who continue to fight for us to keep our freedom. I am sitting here watching the Macy's 4th of July Spectacular, as I write this post, since I was just way to tired to go anywhere. My favorite part about this day is going out by the water and watching all the fireworks and remembering why we celebrate this day in the first place.

Today I was the one who BBQ-ed all the food on our electric grill my mother gave us as a Christmas gift this past year, and I think I've only used it once since we got it. Even though we weren't able to go back home to NY to celebrate with our families or didn't go to any BBQ's out here in Cali, we still had to some BBQ food. It wouldn't be the 4th without it!

After dinner, we went on a family walk with the dog in our neighborhood and walked past a block party that was going on. It just made me more excited about having this baby. It made me think about how we are starting our own family and memories, and I can't wait until we buy a house and continue to make our family grow!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July! xo

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post, Allie, and especially this line: It made me think about how we are starting our own family and memories, and I can't wait until we buy a house and continue to make our family grow!

    And I pray for you and Eric that your guys grow your family wisely, learning from the mistakes of others, and that God blesses you and your babies bountifully...

    I love and miss you...
    aunt sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Let me know when you are ready and I will do a promotional post on my blog linking to yours...IF YOU LIKE...if not, no worries. All good!

    ReplyDelete