Monday, August 19, 2013

22 Weeks


I didn't get a chance to do a 21 week update last week, it was just such a very busy week and before I knew it I hit 22! This pregnancy is flying by so quickly, I can't believe I'm already 5 months!! I've decided to start just doing a weekly update every two weeks for now until it gets closer to when baby boy comes..

My 21 week check up last week with my doctor was good (considering the week before I was at the ER) The results from my blood work and ultrasound came back and my doctor went over it all with me and everything is looking good. My doctor did point out that my placenta is sitting low, at about 2cm away from my cervix, he said it was nothing to worry about now since it is still early and my uterus hasn't fully grown out yet. They will have me go for another ultrasound at around 28 weeks to check and make sure it moves up.

Week 22 has been great. I can feel his kicks and they are very strong. I don't mistake them for gas anymore haha. It is just the most amazing feeling in the world and the hardest to describe to someone who hasn't been pregnant yet. (I just felt one right now) Work has started to get really busy again, and I'm trying my best to keep myself stress free and not work long hours. The only thing my husband and I really need to start agreeing on is a name for our little guy. And now that I've been pregnant for so long I'm really starting to miss a lot of things that I had to cut out (like iced coffee ughhhh I'm dying for coffee!!) and it's starting to bug me a little, however I know it's all worth it in the end.


Fun Facts About Baby at 22 Weeks
baby boy is the size of a papaya
he's eyes and lips are more developed
he's starting to sleep in cycles (12-14 hours)
baby is able to hear outside noises
his little face is fully formed and looks more like a newborn

Not So Fun Facts About Mommy at 22 Weeks
minor swelling of my hands and feet
back pains!!! oh it aches!!
hair growth (thank u prenatal vitamins)
hard to catch my breathe (since baby is crowding my space)
trouble sleeping through the night (including frequent bathroom breaks)



No comments:

Post a Comment