Monday, February 10, 2014

Fashion Week: DVF

Diane on Furstenberg's Fall 2014 Collection is so far one of my favorites that I've seen so far. Between taking care of Easton and trying to show Tank some love since he's been acting like a jealous older brother, I have been trying hard to catch up on all the shows. This year marked DVF's 40th anniversary and there is an exhibit here in LA that I still need to get to and I can't wait to check it out. Her Fall 2014 is just as fabulous as she is, and I can say she is one of my favorite design influences. She is always raising the bar while sticking to what she does best- the wrap dress. (The show did open up with a black and gold print wrap dress after all) The color palette for this collection is dominantly black and gold with hints of this year's Pantone color of the year Radiant Orchid, along with blues, burnt orange, and shades of red. When I think of DVF, the first thing that comes to mind is PRINTS. I la la LOVE prints and the way that Diane can mix-and-match combinations of each print into a garment or look. I liked how towards the end of the runway she had a bunch of looks in just gold (hello Holiday outfits). DVF is timeless and thats what I love most about this label. Below are a few of my favorite from the show, you can also see the complete collection here.

*Images via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment